Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mid-week Run

Was up and out early this morning for a run on the powerlines. Although this is an out-and-back run, I enjoy it, as it has a mix of mellow terrain and some good steep hills. It's definitely a good 5.25 mile run.

As I left the house, the temperature was 59 degrees and there was blue sky above. Mist was rising from the low lying areas of the powerlines and the birds were singing. Beautiful! It is so nice to see the sun after all the rain we've been having!

Parts of the trail were pretty muddy and wet, but my shoes hadn't quite dried out from Sunday so it wasn't too much of a big deal :-) I felt pretty good throughout, and my right IT band loosened up nicely as I ran along. It's been tight as of late, which happens from time to time. Hopefully with enough stretching and rolling, I can work it out.

Not much else to report...

No comments: