Monday, August 11, 2008

Busy Day Off

Snowman arrived home late last night after a long, long day at work, having been up since 3am helping with their 24 hours mountain bike race, so we didn't exactly get up bright and early. I was up first, so I made us a big breakfast of homefries and eggs. Around 11am, we finally motivated and headed down to Portland.

Our first stop was the Portland Museum, where I had been wanting to see the exhibit on Georgia O'Keefe. The exhibit did feature some of her art, but it was more focused on her relationship to Stieglitz and other photographers of the era, with some neat Ansel Adams photos included. Second stop was Maine Running Company, where I got a new pair of shoes in preparation for the marathon - the Asics Nimbus. Man are they ugly! But I never said I was fashionable :-) Final stop was Sam's Club, where we loaded up on yogurt, OJ, Clif and Power Bars and other good stuff.

Then it was home for a late lunch and a quick 3-mile run before Nate and Shannon came over for an early dinner. I was feeling a bit tired and my legs definitely felt tight as we started out onto the powerlines for our run, but things loosened up a bit as we ran along. After a good dinner of sweet potato burritos, plus beet and carrot salad made by Shannon, and a green salad, and time spent catching up, we finished off the evening with a trip to Cote's for ice cream. Yum!

No comments: