Sunday, December 17, 2023

Mild

The rain on Sunday night and into Monday washed away all the snow and we are back to bare ground. It was a relatively mild week in terms of temperature too. I sure hope we get some more snow on the ground before Christmas!

A rest day on Monday and then on Tuesday, got out for a run around Highland Green in the afternoon. (6.0 miles)

Wednesday, I had to go into the office mid-morning for our staff holiday lunch and an event in the early evening, but before I did, I took advantage of the daylight and ran down to the river and back after dropping Sam off at school. Felt a bit sluggish, but it was nice to get out. The river is running high from all the rains and the woods were a bit icy. (6.0 miles)




Thursday afternoon, I got out for a short solo walk around the school block, just to get in a bit of movement. (2.0 miles walked)

Met up with Val and Mindy on Friday for a run at Brad. So nice to share some miles with friends! Icy slicks everywhere made for slow going but it was a lovely morning to be out in the woods. (6.3 miles)




After some errands and a bit of time relaxing on the couch, it was up to the Y for Sam's second Mt. A swim meet of the season at 7:00 pm. Sam swam well, and it was a fun, and thankfully rather quick, meet, and nice to have it close by so that it wasn't such a late night! No pictures of her swimming as I was cheering but it's great to see the team spirit and I love the Mt. A banner on the pool deck!


Saturday, I headed out on the powerlines for a run. A bright and windy morning with a mixed bag of conditions found. (6.7 miles)






Then it was back up to the Y for Sam's second swim meet of the weekend, this time a Y meet. When I got back home, Ryan and I took a quick walk around the school block, with a short exploration out into the woods to check out the old shelter by the pond behind the Orion, before settling in on the couch to watch Sam swim. Gotta love the livestream! (1.95 miles walked)

Despite a long week and feeling a bit tired, Sam swam well, improving her PRs in the 100 back and 100 breaststroke. Ryan headed over a bit early to pick her up, and sat in the stands for her 100 breaststroke heat. Good action shot of her heading into the water!


Emily and I met up this morning for a run, parking at Bowdoin and doing a nice loop out through the Commons, Coleman Farm and the Landing. It was fun to catch up as we haven't gotten together since Rim to River. I don't think we stopped chattering for even a second out there 😂😊 Grateful to have my legs feel decent, maybe because I finally got a good nights sleep after sleeping kind of crappy all week. Overcast and damp. (8.2 miles)



After our run, we headed downtown for a treat and coffee at Ritual. The frosted pumpkin cake was delish!


Spent the rest of the afternoon finishing up the Christmas shopping and then Sam and I got most of the presents wrapped up. There's always a lot to do at this time of year, but I do love all the lights and the festiveness of the season. And someone else in the house has been getting in the holiday spirit, or maybe just wants to check out the tree a bit more closely! 😹 😻🎄




No comments: