Sunday, October 16, 2022

Taper & Travel Madness

If I'm being honest, I feel like the past few weeks have been madness, and not just because of the taper! But maybe that is a good thing, as I've almost been too busy to be thinking much about No Business and if I'm prepared and if I've done enough and how is it all going to go and is the travel going to go smoothly and what happens if and when and how... you know, all those "normal" taper thoughts that swirl around in your brain in the final weeks and days leading up to a big race, or is that just me?! 😜😂😁

Monday was a holiday for Sam and I, and we all slept in. I took a bit of quiet time to sit and relax and drink my coffee and catch up on things on the computer before I headed out for my run. One of the things I love to do every morning is look at my Facebook memories. Say what you will about social media and Facebook specifically, but I keep posting because I love the connections it allows for and also because really, I just love to be able to look back at my memories from the day from years past. It is always fun. Of course, Monday's memories are filled with anniversary posts, as Monday marks Ryan and my 23rd anniversary! Wow. Hard to believe. We look like such young kids, and I guess we really were 😂😎

💕💕

While our anniversary is overshadowed these days by Sam's birthday and life in general, I would be remiss if I didn't say how grateful I am to have Ryan in my life and I am so glad he puts up with my craziness! Happy anniversary, Ryan, and cheers to many more years of adventuring together! Love you💗

A cool, damp, overcast morning to run out and around the Heath. One deer and two turkeys seen. (5.0 miles)


Then it was on to errands, bills and getting packed! I had hoped we could get out for a walk but it was drizzly and overcast all afternoon, so instead it was just mellow around the house kind of day. I was feeling a bit tired and taper cranky, and unfortunately another wrinkle was added into things when we learned that Dad had tested positive for Covid 😱 He hadn't been feeling great on Sunday but had tested negative so figured he had a cold and wore his mask while we were at their house just to be safe and to avoid spreading any germs, so that was at least good, but the plan was for Sam to stay with them while we were traveling. Aie! We ended up deciding it would probably be best if Mom stayed at our place with Sam, just to avoid exposure to Dad, and we'll keep our fingers crossed that she continues to test negative!! If she gets Covid, they'll move over to their place and Sam will just have to sequester herself upstairs. Eek. I will admit, not something I was hoping to have to worry about pre-race, but I guess that is just the way of the world right now. Even though we've all been so careful (and very lucky) and done all the right things like getting our shots, etc, Covid isn't gone and we are certainly feeling that right now after 2 1/2 years of managing to avoid it in our little group!! Thankfully, it seems Dad has a fairly mild case and hopefully he'll feel better shortly.

Tuesday I went into the office to cross off as many things as I could off my to do list. It was a bit of a crazy whirlwind, but I got done what I could! I guess the rest is just going to have to wait until I get back 😏😜 Then it was off to do a few more errands, get the house cleaned and relax a little!

Wednesday, I woke up early and took a Covid test, just to be sure (negative!), and then got up and out in the semi-darkness for one last taper run before the race. A nice cool morning with a bright moon above and beautiful sunrise along the powerlines. (4.0 miles)




Then it was home to get Sam to school and get the final things crossed off the to-do list before we headed to the airport with fingers crossed for reasonably smooth travel! 




No comments: