Sunday, October 30, 2022

Recovery Week #2

Honestly, I have felt fine all week with the exception of a lingering cough, which does not want to quit. My feet are sloughing off some skin (eeww!), but other than that all the scabs have healed and they feel fine. My legs felt good walking early in the week, although the proof is in the pudding, or in the running rather, so we'll just have to see. 

Monday, it was pouring during swim practice so I walked on the indoor track. (2.2 miles walked)

We finally saw my parents for the first time since Sam's birthday (!!) on Wednesday. Dad was finally testing negative at the start of the week and feeling better, which is great. We went over to Flight Deck for a work fundraiser and enjoyed some beer and pizza together before wrapping up the evening at Gelato Fiasco for pumpkin pie gelato. Yum. πŸ˜‹πŸ¨

I don’t feel the same compulsion to walk like I do to run so I waited until the skies cleared on Thursday and I was working from home to get out for another walk. A beautiful balmy and bright morning for a wander on the powerlines before I settled in at the computer for the day. So nice to see the sun after a dreary start to the week. (2.0 miles walked)



Friday, after dropping Sam at school and doing my typical Friday morning errands, I went for a walk on the Gone Fishing trails around the ponds. Another beautiful day, although cooler and a bit blustery, which feels a bit more natural for late October anyway! (1.65 miles walked)



Sam went with her friend Lauren down to their condo in Old Orchard on Friday evening, so it was a quiet weekend with just the two of us until she got back in the afternoon on Sunday. 

I had already decided earlier in the week that I would get back to running on Saturday. That would be 13 days off, which I feel like is pretty good πŸ˜‚ I headed out around 7:45 for my run. Decided to run up around the Heath, as it would be a fairly safe trail option on Maine Resident’s Hunting Day. Cold, bright and very frosty out. My right hip flexor was a bit tight, but otherwise my legs felt pretty good. Kept it nice and easy and enjoyed the beautiful morning. Running really does make me happy, so I was glad to be out there 😊 (5.0 miles)





Mid-afternoon, we headed over to the Cathance for a walk. Such a beautiful afternoon to be out along the river on the leaf-covered trails! (2.4  miles walked)




And then it was off to Athena Enoteca for an early dinner. Delish πŸ˜‹ Always a fun place to go for a special night out, this time to belatedly celebrate our anniversary, No Business and making it through a slightly crazy and chaotic October! Cheers!🍺🍷


Sunday morning dawned crisp and bright, and after a few quiet early morning hours waiting for Ryan to get up πŸ˜‚, we headed over to the Commons for a run. Still have a cough and feeling a bit tired overall, but not bad for run #2 coming back from a 100. Nice out, and always fun to get in some miles with Ryan. (5.4 miles)

I missed National Cat Day earlier this week, so here’s a picture of Gigi early one morning, hiding in and on the shoes. Such a silly kitty 😹


No comments: