Thursday, October 8, 2020

Morning & Afternoon

Family walk on Monday on the school road loop. Nice afternoon to get out and stretch the legs after a day of sitting too long at the computer at the kitchen table. (2.0 miles walked)

Tuesday, as much as I had planned to get up and run in the early morning darkness, I couldn't quite do it. Gah. So, as Mom and Dad had nicely agreed to take Sam to swim practice in the afternoon, I stopped at the bike path for an afternoon run on my way home from work. Windy and a bit cool, but sunny and bright, with some nice color still along the river. Despite the fact that I sometimes struggle to get out the door, I really do like morning runs the most; however, being able to run in full daylight was nice too! Listened to the Morning Shake Out with Kilian. He sure is an interesting cat, and amazing that he is only 32 having accomplished so much in ultra and mountain running. (7.0 miles)


Wednesday was yet another morning fail. 😴😴 Sigh. Well, at least I know I do well under pressure in the guise of running out of days to run, so this morning I actually did get up and out 😉😁😂 The wind was whipping like crazy so I headed to the cart paths to at least have some protection from the wind and variation in direction in case it was gusting one particular way. Looped around the Heath in the middle of the run. A bit too early for any proper pre-dawn colors, but the camera picked up all the cotton sedge out in the moss, which was cool. Then as I continued on, I watched the sky grow lighter and begin to cast a beautiful glow on the turning leaves. Really pretty and glad to have gotten up and out! (7.0 miles)







1 comment:

Jamie Anderson said...

Nice, Danielle. I need to get out for those pre-work/crazy days mile soon.