Thursday, June 8, 2017

Midweek

I had grand plans on Monday morning to get in a run after I dropped Corie at the airport at 4:30 am, but instead I went back to bed. HA! 😂

Tuesday morning I was up and out early for a run down to the river and back. It was cool, overcast and windy, and I had to make a pitstop a 1/2 mile in. Sigh. But thankfully, there was a very nice clean portapotty at the track ;) A nice 5 miles to start the day.

A bit of color on a dreary day. First iris bloom out front.

Wednesday, I ended up running after I left work, and although I'm not really an evening runner nor will this become a habit, I was happy to be able to get out and get some miles in. After all the dreary rainy weather we've been having, the afternoon sunshine and warmth felt wonderful and the air smelled sweet like honeysuckle. I ran a random loop up Canam and through the woods to Highland Green, around the Heath and back on the back dirt road and powerlines for a quick 5 miles.

Today, I headed out around 5:50 am for a nice run on the Cathance trails on a beautiful, cool, sunny morning. A good 7 miles with one pileated woodpecker fly-over and one grouse startle :), plus some lovely river views.

Morning light, Cathance



No comments: