Saturday, October 15, 2016

Rest of the Week Catch-up

Tuesday and Wednesday I didn't run. My plan for the week included tapering for Big Brad on Sunday while at the same time getting in at least a few runs so the total weekly mileage would be decent come the end of the race. The intent it for BBU to be a solid training run for Fells but of course on the other hand, I do have some goals going in, so you know. We'll see how it all shakes out ;)

But Sam ran on Wednesday, her last XC meet of the regular season for the fall. It was a gorgeous afternoon out in Harpswell and she had a good race, really working the hill at the beginning of this particular course. I'm proud of her for the effort she's put in this season. Running isn't easy and she isn't the strongest kid out there, but she does seem to have fun with it, and really, that's all that matters!




Thursday I was up to run the cart paths at 6:00 am. It was warmer than I had expected and I was totally overdressed in my tights. It was an overcast morning but regardless, the autumn colors sparkled along the edge of the golf course. Heard a Pileated Woodpecker calling out on the powerlines and found him up high on one of the poles, pecking away. Ummm, buddy, that can't taste good, can it?! Mellow 6 miles for the day.

I decided to sleep in a bit yesterday as I had only planned a shorter run. Still, it was 39 degrees when I headed out around 6:20 am just as the sky was beginning to lighten. Brrr! I was, of course, underdressed in shorts ;) Can't seem to get my clothing right for this time of year. Ha! A nice easy 4.3 mile run around the Heath, with a flat pastel sky and one deer seen out on hole #3. Lovely.

Today should be a mellow day with nothing planned except to take Sam to swimming and get myself (and her) organized for Sunday. Sam will be hanging out with Ryan at the aid station all day while I run. Feeling slightly guilty about that and hoping it isn't too cold and that she has fun, but it will be a great boost to see she and Ryan out along the course!

No comments: