Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow!

We had a great night last night at Jim and Shauna's. Thanks guys! It was great to see everyone, and Sam was a good girl. Of course, it helped that Shauna and Linda were so nice about holding her and keeping her happy :-) The snow started as we were on our way down to the party, and by the time we left, there was a healthy amount on the ground. First snow of the season!


Early morning view out back

This morning, Sam and I were up early, and around 9am, I passed her off to Ryan and headed out for a run to enjoy the snow. It was a gorgeous morning. The trees were snow-covered, making it look like a winter wonderland even with just the 3" to 4" of snow we received, the sun was shining and the sky had cleared to bluebird blue.

The roads were still a bit icy, and I was glad I had taken my screw shoes out of hibernation :-) I didn't get first tracks on the powerlines, as someone had already been out walking their dog, but I did have fun kicking up the fluffy stuff. Underneath the snow, the sand and dirt were still soft, so I got a good workout between that, the snow, ice and wind! It was a fun run and I was so glad to be out enjoying the gorgeous morning!

In Sam news, she is really starting to get strong! Yesterday Ryan was holding her on his lap and she was pushing up off his chest. She is going to be one tough cookie :-)


Holding her head up high

1 comment:

Scout said...

Beautiful day, beautiful baby!