Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Another 3

I hit the Commons this afternoon for a 3 mile run. The inch or so of new snow from the other day combined with the warmer temps made the surface almost feel tacky beneath my feet, so the going was a bit easier than last week, although the surface was still uneven. I really wish I was running this loop faster, but realize that my time off from running over the past months, and even more time off running on the trails, combined with my lack of core muscles at the moment, means I am not running as easily on uneven surfaces and so I'll just have to keep at it. I'll get faster at some point, I'm sure, or at least I hope so!!!

The dusting of snow provided a window into the comings and goings of some of the animals traveling through the Commons - I saw deer, mouse and rabbit tracks along with what I assume were fox tracks. Always a fun thing about running through the snow in the winter.

Before my run, I ate my lunch at the kitchen table with Sam in the BebePod facing me. While we were chatting away, Gigi decided to come up for a visit and bestow a few kisses on Sam - so cute!


Kisses from Gigi

2 comments:

pathfinder said...

You know I have always liked to read your blog as it is very enjoyable....I must confess though that I find myself looking forward to seeing the pictures of Sam you are posting more than the reading....sorry...but she is just one cute baby and right now...this close to Christmas, I am missing the feeling I used to get when the kids were little and Christmas morning came....

Sparkplug said...

Kevin, I have to admit, that is part of why I post now - just so I can put up photos of Sam, so I don't blame you in the least :-)
Have a merry Christmas, and hope to see you on the trails soon!