Sunday, February 25, 2024

Vacation Week

A busy vacation week with her high school state swim meet, a Y swim meet and fun with friends for Sam and a mix of work and a bit of time off for me.

Monday was a holiday day and the start of vacation. Sam slept in and had a quiet morning, while I did a bit of work in the morning as there were things that didn't get crossed off my to do list last week that needed to be completed. Then we all headed up to the Y in the afternoon, with swim practice for Sam and a walk for Ryan and I. Cold, bright and breezy. Turkey vultures circling above, and a quiet waterfront. (2.6 miles walked)


Tuesday was the girls state high school swim meet. I dropped Sam off for warm ups and 9:00 and then hit the roads from the field house for a few miles. Then it was back to the pool to watch cheer for the girls as they wrapped up the season! It has been so fun to watch this kid, and her team, swim so well and have such a blast together this season. As someone who loved running on a team in HS and college, it makes my heart happy to see her enjoying her time on a team of such supportive, kind, strong kids. (6.0 miles)

Up and out early on Wednesday morning for some road miles before work. Cold, calm and clear. (7.0 miles)



Went into the office on Thursday, and Ryan did the heavy lifting of transportation so that Sam, Lauren and Rohan could hang out for the day. Came home to a whole lot of giggling 😊😉

Snow and then rain on Friday morning so I got a few things crossed off my to do list, got a bit of work done, and then after dropping Sam at Anne's after lunch to hang out, I finally headed out for my run. Took the powerlines out, ran the dirt road backwards to hole 7, ran holes 7 & 6, then joined back up with the road to run the rest of the loop with some side roads and back on the powerlines. Back roads and cart paths were not suitable for road shoes 😂 but high powerlines route is clear of snow. This weather is crap but at least it wasn’t windy! ðŸĪ·‍♀️ðŸĪŠ (7.0 miles)

Saturday was a swim meet up at the Y, so I got up and out to get in my run around 8:15. For a change of pace, I decided I'd try out the powerlines. I figured it would be less than ideal, but wanted to try to stay out of the wind. As anticipated, found a mixed bag of conditions, with a lot of wet ice to crunch on with my spikes. (8.0 miles)



Got home, hit the farmer's market for veggies and Frosty's for donuts and then took Sam up to the Y for warm up. We watched the first part of the meet on the computer and then headed up around 3:00 to catch Sam in her 200 breast and 500 free in person. The breaststroke is not her favorite, but she did a great job, and had a solid 500 too!

Sunday, Ryan went to Freeport for the TMR run, and after I took Sam down to Harpswell to hang out with Lauren, I parked out at Pennelville to get in my run. Bright, sunshiney, cold and a bit breezier than I had hoped for, but always nice to get down to the ocean. (12.0 miles)



After lunch and a bit of house cleaning, I headed across the street for walk #2 of the week, one of my goals for the month being 2 walks a week toward my overall walking goal. Kristen called a few minutes in while out on her own walk so we chatted the whole way 😊 (1.7 miles walked)

And just because… Gigi does love her boxes! ðŸ˜ŧ




No comments: