Sunday, January 1, 2023

2022 Year-End Wrap Up

Finished up the year with a road run around the Georgetown block on Saturday morning. Damp and almost 50 degrees. I was definitely overdressed and totally feeling the effects of all the holiday gatherings the past week! But glad to be able to get out and wrap up my 2022 miles. (6.8 miles)

The morning's run brought my run mileage to a solid but rather random 2,157 for the year. Not quite the 2,200 that was my reach goal and which I hit in 2020 and 2021, but more than my main goal of 2,000 for the year. Incredibly grateful that my body and legs allow me to continue to get out and explore on my two feet. I know it is not a given. Running truly is a big part of who I am and even if it isn't always rainbows and candy and sometimes I get down about how much or how far or how fast I run, I know that running is a gift and I will never take that for granted. Looking forward to a 2023 filled with more miles, exploration, time running with friends and fun on the roads and trails 💗

December wrap-up:
181.2 miles run
17.0 miles walked
5 zero days

2023 Totals:
2,157.0 miles run
270.0 miles walked
9.3 miles xc skied
303 days active

But of course, the year is so much more than just running, and it is always fun to look back through photos and posts and see reflect on all that happened during the year. 2022 flew by, with a lot of change, a bit of chaos and a lot of fun. Was it all perfect? No, but it was wonderful to return to seeing family and friends without as much fear of Covid, to travel (for me) for the first time since July 2019, to explore new places, to watch Sam grow and change and become a teenager, and to spend time together. 💗

A few of the highlights:













Looking back at my goals and hopes for 2022, I'd say I did a pretty good job meeting them and enjoying them:

Time spent walking, hiking, xc skiing with Ryan and Sam. Not quite as many miles spent walking and getting outside together this year as school got back to normal and Sam was back to swimming, and honestly as a 12/13 year old, she is busy with other things and/or is just not quite as enthusiastic, but we still had some good times outside together! Lots of hiking during our Baxter and Acadia trips plus a weekend up at Great Glen to xc ski in March, and of course some nice walks locally at our favorite spots.
Time enjoying the outdoors and just plain old time together with my parents. Once again, not quite as many walks with Mom and Dad as during the pandemic but we still saw them almost every week and are so grateful they are now close by so we can spend time with them!
Visits with Irene, Dana and the rest of the family throughout the year. We didn't manage to see Meg, Chris and the boys until the holidays, but we had some fun visits with Irene and Dana during the year, and were thrilled that Kristen and Morgan were able to come up and visit this summer! 
More runs with friends! Definitely need to do more of this, but did enjoy some Friday runs with Val, Mindy, Anne and Keri, got out on some good runs with Emily, including our most excellent Semi-Pemi adventure, and was able to join Emma on some long walks. And had a great girl's weekend in Chicago with Corie and Kris, which was so fun, and we definitely did our fair share of walking!
More local running/hiking adventures. Ran a lot from home this year once again, but also got in some nice runs at Bradbury, over in Freeport and Brunswick, ran up in Baxter, Acadia and Camden on solo runs, joined friends at Riverlands for Val's birthday, had a fun Rumford White Cap run with Ryan this summer, got in a fun loop over in Sunapee while were visiting at Neal & Kendra's, ran at Bradley Palmer down in Massachusetts, and of course, got in 26+ miles over in the Pemi with Emily! I'll count all those as some solid adventures!
2,000+ miles run. Didn't hit my reach goal of 2,200, which sort of bummed me out initially, but proud of my consistency and to be able to run over 2,000 miles for the 6th year in a row.
A 100 mile race run. No Business was an amazing and challenging race. Grateful to have been able to get buckle #5 this year and enjoy the beauty of the trails down in TN/KY.
50 books read. Managed to read 58 books! I have always loved reading and it is a nice change from scrolling on the phone all the time.

Didn't quite hit my goal of 300 miles walked in 2022, but did manage to walk/hike 270 miles, with at least one walk every week. Definitely something I plan to continue and a nice additional movement goal! 

And with that, my hopes and goals for the new year remain reasonably similar. As always, my overall objectives are to keep it all in perspective, enjoy the little moments, explore as much as possible and spend time with the people I love:

Stay healthy, happy and reasonably sane.
Time with Ryan and Sam.
Time together with my parents.
Visits with Irene, Dana and the rest of the family throughout the year.
More time with friends, both on the run and elsewhere.
Some running/hiking adventures. Definitely hoping I can get back to the Pemi in 2023 and do more running up at Ragged and Camden.
2,000+ miles run.
200 miles walking/hiking.
A 100 mile race run.
50 books read.

So cheers to more miles, smiles, adventures and time together in 2023!

---

Running Log Files:
2022 - 2,157.00
2021 - 2,200.00
2020 - 2,200.00
2019 - 2,116.00
2018 - 2,112.00
2017 - 2,002.00
2016 - 1,900.00
2015 - 1,963.60
2014 - 1,702.00
2013 - 1,557.75
2012 - 1,400.00
2011 - 1,375.00
2010 - 1,100.00
2009 - 675.50 *pregnant/Sam born
2008 - 1,112.00

Walk/Hike Log Files:
2022 - 270.00
2021 - 332.00
2020 - 362.00
*still need to search down the stats for these in-between years
2009 - 104.50

No comments: