Monday, January 3, 2022

Christmas #2 🎄

Lots of fun, a little chaos, a lot of laugher and some good time together was had this past weekend for Christmas #2! So nice to see everyone and enjoy each other's company for a few days 💗

We arrived at lunchtime and spent the rest of the day relaxing. 





Cheers! 🍻


Writing a note to Santa

Goofiness while getting the plate set for Santa and his reindeer

😂


Getting the stockings all laid out

By the time the boys went to bed, I was exhausted but we had to get the presents out under the tree and get the stockings all set up for the morning. 


💗

I set my alarm for a few minutes before midnight so that I could get up and online and signed up for No Business 100. Honestly, the only reason I would be awake at midnight on New Year's Even - race registration 😂😂 And yes, this is time #3 signing up for this race. In 2020, I deferred because of Covid, and last year I cancelled because of the same. Hopefully third time's a charm, right?!?!


Everyone must have been pretty tired, as no one, not even the kids were up early on Christmas morning #2! We had a leisurely morning opening stockings and presents, and then spent the rest of the day playing games, enjoying a nice meal, and of course, we had to have a Monster Truck race!




Woot woot! Cam's truck won his heat!




NFL Spot It fun. I mean, how I am supposed to know which football logo goes to which team and call it correctly?! 


Merry Christmas!

I was the first one up on Sunday morning, making my way upstairs at 7:00 am to have a quick breakfast and some coffee in the early morning darkness before heading out for a run. It was in the low 40s, dreary and spitting rain, but since all I had done on Saturday was sit around and eat, literally, I wanted to get in a bit of movement and I didn't want the first full weekend of 2022 to go by without a few miles! Ran the Weldon Farm loop and felt decent. (5.0 miles)

Then it was back to pack up the car and head home, as although it was a great weekend and it's been a fun holiday season and a good Christmas vacation for Sam, it's back to reality tomorrow... 🕟



No comments: