Sunday, December 12, 2021

Running Along

Weird weather week with some snow (yay!) and then some rain (boo) and some serious fluctuations in temperature. And I'm just running along, trying both to continue to recover and to possibly hit 2,200 miles by December 31. We shall see!

Monday was an indoor track walk. (2.2 miles walked)

Tuesday, I simply could not get myself out of bed and out the door in the cold darkness and I spent 11 hours at the office, so there was no running. 

Wednesday, I hauled myself out the door into the murky overcast morning and ran road across the river and back. No glorious sunrise this morning, just subdued hues of grey and blue. (6.0 miles)


A bit of snow fell overnight, just enough to make things messy. Dropped Sam off at school and then squeezed in a quick run. Out and back on Highland Green Road. (5.0 miles)

Snow started falling again on Friday morning as I was getting ready to get Sam to school and by the time I got home and out the door for my run, there was a fairly thick layer of snow on the ground. Very pretty but somewhat sketchy underfoot as it was hard to tell what was ground or ice or rock. Ended up veering off my initial route into the Cathance, where it was a little easier to see where I was stepping but still a bit slow going. (7.0 miles)





Temps were forecasted to rise throughout the day on Saturday and it looked like it was going to be a washout with rain all day. I was scheduled to do my TMR group run and I must admit I was not entirely looking forward to it given the weather! But, I headed over to the field house and parked in the lot like I had said I would. It wasn't raining at least, which was nice, but it sure was dreary and damp and cool out. I was seriously thinking no one was going to show up, and I was not sad about it 😂 but then Bill pulled in. Yay. Bill is definitely a fun person to run with, so I was happy to be able to get in some miles with him. We heated out through the Commons, chatting away, and I showed him Coleman Farm and we looped back through on some of the Landing singletrack. The rain started with a few miles to go and wow, it got slick out there pretty quickly! Glad to be finishing up when we did, that's for sure! Felt decent, and enjoyed the miles with Bill! (8.2 miles)


Then it was home to get Sam up to her swim meet, where she did a great job setting some new PRs! All the hard work with 5 days a week of practice, not to mention just getting older and stronger in general, is definitely showing! 

The rain diminished to a slightly drizzle accompanied by some low ground fog as we headed up to the Y to pick her up and head north to our now annual Gardens Aglow tour. They were doing a driving tour again this year, and while I do prefer the walk through version, I did think they did a great job of including more lights and some neat different things this year, and we enjoyed it all. I certainly took enough pictures 😂 Then it was back to Mom and Dad's house for pho and mixed berry pie. Yum! A fun night!












I wasn't awake it, but Ryan said it did reach into the 50s around 11:00 pm on Saturday night. Weird! It was around 43 and getting colder when I padded downstairs around 5:30 am, and by the time I headed out for my run it was 37 degrees and quite windy. I headed out on the powerlines in search of items for the TMR Advent Calendar, a fun little challenge for the month. Found a snowman, even it wasn't natural and one of three Bud cans. Where are all the beer cans when I need them?! ha! Footing was a bit weird with things semi-frozen underfoot, but just took it nice and easy, and happy to finish up the week with almost 35 miles. The right leg is coming around, with less hip pain, which is good too! (8.3 miles)



I've been enjoying my coffee by the Christmas tree this week. So nice to have the sparkly lights and ornaments to enjoy in the early morning darkness. 🎄💗


And of course, it wouldn't be a week without a silly Gigi photo. Here she is using my wet, muddy running shoe as it dried by the heater as a pillow. 😹😹



No comments: