Friday, August 6, 2021

Busy

Got up and ran the cart paths on Monday morning before sitting at the computer all day. Muggy, still and overcast. Two deer seen. Camping makes me tired. Sam and Ryan both slept in late. (6.0 miles)

Tuesday, I headed into work early and then left early so that we could head down to Harpswell for an evening with Anne and family at The Point. Breezy and cooler at the coast, but we had a great time hanging out. Some of their family was there as well, and the kids had fun running around and swimming in the pool, while the adults chatted away amidst the chaos. 

Making dirt cake brownies

Sidewalk chalk time!

Pool fun!


Late evening light



Sam stayed overnight down there while Ryan and I headed home. Up early on Wednesday morning for a run on the powerlines. Keeping it pretty mellow this week as TARC Summer Classic 40 Miler is on Saturday. It is definitely August out there with berries, goldenrod, asters and meadowsweet, plus some cotton sedge blooming in the wet areas. Three deer seen. (6.0 miles)



Later in the afternoon before meeting up with the clan at Fielder's Choice for ice cream 🍦and to pick up Sam after her fun down at The Point, I took a call outside and enjoyed watching this hummingbird moth at the flowers out front! Cool!


Rain started overnight and it was pouring when my alarm went off on Thursday morning and still pitch black out. I rolled over and went back to sleep instead. Of course, the cats don't let me sleep in so it was of to work early followed up with grocery shopping. Light rain was still falling when I got home around 3:00 but I decided the wisest course of action was probably to get my run in instead of waiting until Friday morning, so I quickly donned my running gear and headed out. Ran the roads around Highland Green. (6.0 miles)

And with that, it's time for the TARC Summer Classic! A bit anxious about running 40 miles when my longest run in this lead-up has been 22, but I know it will be a good day on my feet and day to work on fueling and pacing and get back in the groove of racing. Sounds like it is going to be a hot one, so no real goals other than to hopefully feel decent and just keep moving out there!


No comments: