Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mud and Snow

I've now taken two short runs since the race on Saturday, and feel pretty good. Perhaps this means I did not push quite hard enough during the race, but oh well... I'm happy to feel good. Although part of me feels bad for feeling good when Snowman feels so bad. He's still having issues with his calf strain and has resigned himself to another week of not running. Always depressing, but even more so as it is spring and all you want at this time of year is to get outside! However, all is not lost, and he should be good to go soon. Keep your fingers crossed!

Anyway, this morning I set out on the powerlines in my Inov-8s. I ran the lines down past Topsham Crossing, a 3-mile out and back. It was 31 degrees when I left the house and the surface throughout the run ranged from pavement and packed dirt to deep dry sand, to wet sand, to packed icy snow, to frozen mud, to shoe-sucking mud, to frozen sand, to hoar frost, to mud on top of ice, and back. Certainly kept things exciting, and it was great to get back out on the powerlines for a full, if short, run.

No comments: