Thursday, April 3, 2008

Morning Run

Yesterday I was not feeling motivated to run. The wind was howling, and I just didn't feel like dealing with it. If I could get into the woods, it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but on the bike path and on any of my "normal" road runs, a big wind is just not a fun thing to deal with. So, I put off my run until this morning. I was out by 6:40am, wandering the main road of Highland Green. The sky was blue, it was 30 degrees, very light wind, and the birds - robins, blue jays, chickadees - were singing like crazy.

On the way back, I was tempted by the sight of some dirt showing at the edge of the powerline trail between Highland Green and the high school. I knew there was still snow, but I figured it was worth a try. Better than the 1/2 mile on the Connector. And amazingly there was some real honest to goodness ground showing in spots. Woo hoo! Of course, there was just as much snow. As it was early and not too warm, the snow was firm. It had also been packed down by the snowmobilers too, so I was able to stay on the surface, and as I was wearing my Inov-8s, I had good purchase on the icy surface. Once it warms up a bit, the powerlines won't be much fun until the snow is all melted, but this morning, for just that small portion, it was a nice change.

Speaking of snow, there is 100% chance of snow tomorrow. Gotta love spring in Maine.

No comments: