Sunday, August 14, 2022

Normal?

A normal week of work, a return to more normal summer temperatures, a normal weekend - at least in that we weren't traveling! Or maybe it's not normal at all 😂 But whatever it was, it was at least a bit less hot!

Monday, Sam was lucky enough to join Mom and Dad for a trip out to Potts Point for a walk and ice cream. Sounded pretty good on yet another hot day! 






Late, it was a solo afternoon walk around the block for me, as Ryan was on a call and Sam had just gotten home. Toasty! (1.7 miles walked)

Tuesday, I got out around 5:45 am for a run on the cart paths. Cooler but still humid and very overcast. One great blue heron, one hawk and one handful of blackberries. (7.0 miles)

The skies cleared enough later in the morning that Sam and Anne got in a fun beach trip with Mom and Dad, and Sam got yet another ice cream. She is living the life 😊







I wasn't feeling great on Wednesday so I took the day off from running. Thankfully after a decent sleep, I woke up feeling better on Thursday and I headed out around 5:30. Decided to do a run across the two bridges so I could check out the sky. Glorious 😍 Also found a lovely patch of blackberries headed up the hill towards Mom and Dad's on the way home through the Topsham neighborhoods. Yum. (9.0 miles)





Another gorgeous morning on Friday. Up early for a run out on the powerlines. Low ground fog, lovely early light, lots of berries, vibrunum berries just beginning to show a hint of blush color, 9 deer and a lot of sweat despite cooler temps. Still very humid. (10.0 miles)





Then it was home to shower and eat and get in a quick trip to the farmer's market before taking Sam, Lily and Lauren down to the mall for the day. Am I a good mom or what?! I am not a shopper and I do not like the mall, but the three of them have been talking about going down there all summer, so I figured I'd try to make it happen as I knew they would have fun. They were very cute together and had a great time, but it was a long day between all the driving with one girl living in Harpswell and the other in Bowdoinham and whew, all that sensory and people overload in the mall itself was tiring! I did actually go out and take a walk on the Maine Mall "Wellness Trail," which was really just a bad sidewalk that went along the far edges of the parking lot. Not the most scenic, that's for sure. (1.4 miles walked)

So cute 😎

The Breaker was on Sunday, so Saturday was the day for the long run! Thankfully, the weather has moderated and it was a lovely cool morning, although still fairly humid. I set off at 6:30 am and wandered around on the roads and trails around town. Two fawns, one red eft and too many berry stops later, I got through my miles and felt reasonably decent, although probably too many photo, berry and pee stops enroute 😂 (22.0 miles)



💕

Then after a bit of lounging around and reading on the couch in the afternoon, Mom and Dad, plus Michael and Vicky, who were up to run the Breaker, came over for pizza and a whole lot of laughs. I didn't get to bed until late but it was a lot of fun. 😊

Up early this morning and headed to Brad to get in some miles before meeting up with Emily at 7:30 to get in one loop on the course as a course check. Another beautifully cool and bright morning. Ran up to the summit and looped around for a few miles before returning to the lot to pick up Emily. It was fun to catch up as we ran along, Definitely feeling the week's miles and not super peppy, but overall, didn't feel bad considering I was finishing up 51 miles in 4 days! A few miles short of my 60 mile goal for the week, but I'll take it. (10.0 miles)


Then it was a quick change and to the field to help set up the food table and do some work at the finish line. Fun as always to catch up with friends and cheer on the runners, but even though it was probably the best weather in the Breaker's history, I was still glad to not be racing 😂😂

And for your enjoyment, a few Gigi photos to finsh up the weekly update 😻😻





No comments: