Monday, October 4, 2021

Crazy

This week was a bit nuts. 

Virtual annual meeting for work on Monday evening, and our development person left so I ended up doing all the slide work for the presenters. It went well, but it was incredibly stressful to be in charge of that component of things!

Then a planning board meeting on Tuesday night, starting at 7:00, to approve our proposed new building. It went until 10:00 pm. Thank goodness I wasn't attending in person. As it was, I was half asleep, slumped over my computer, listening to the ridiculousness. Of course, we had a lot of wonderful support too, but my oh my, 3 hour meetings starting after regular work hours should just be banned 😱😜😴😳

And sadly, I had to attend a small service late on Friday afternoon for a loyal volunteer who passed away last week 😢

So, aie... not to mention that swim practice for Sam started this week. Which is super exciting! But, she's also moved up a level so it is 5 days a week, Mon/Fri 4:30-5:30 and Tues/Wed/Thurs 6:00-7:00. So far, she's handling it well, but it has been an adjustment for all of us. I mean, seriously, I do not like to go out of the house after dinner 😂 Ooff...

Anyway...

Monday afternoon, I got out for a walk around 3:00 in between work and getting back on the computer for the annual meeting. It was lovely out and nice to get a bit of movement in. (1.9 miles walked)

I did not get out early either Tuesday or Wednesday for a run. Not really a surprise... so Tuesday, I headed out around 3:00 for a run on the powerlines. Nice, if overcast and rather muggy, afternoon. One deer seen, and still so many mushrooms! (7.0 miles)


Wednesday, I worked from home so I juggled things a bit so that I could head out mid-morning for a run. Ran a road loop around town. Beautifully cool, bright and breezy. (8.0 miles)

Almost stepped on this guy sunning himself as I headed out the door

Ryan had taken Sam to swim Monday and Tuesday nights, so Wednesday it was finally my turn. Another LRSC season 🏊, and another year of spending many hours sitting in the stands... 😉 Grateful to be able to be inside this season though! Maybe I'll even get in some walks on the track. It sure is quiet at the Y in the late evening. 


Thursday was a day off from running and then Friday morning, I met up with Emily over at Wolfe's Neck. We had a nice run, chatting away as we ran through the campground, wandered on a new trail in the woods and got in some miles on the roads, enjoying the mushrooms and ocean views and cool temps. It was great to catch up! (8.0 miles)





Stomach was not happy with me on Saturday morning, so I decided to do the shorter planned mileage days and headed out on the powerlines for a mellow run. Overcast and cool, with a bit of drizzle here and there. Fall is definitely taking hold, with some leaves turning and the powerlines shifting to browns and yellows. Still some lovely bright purple asters in bloom though. (10.1 miles)

Sam and I headed out before lunch to get a few pumpkins to put by the front door and to get a present for Anne's birthday and then I did a bit of cleaning up of the garden beds out front before relaxing on the couch. It was drizzling on and off, but finally stopped so that we could get out for a late afternoon walk. We headed over to the Heath and down to the river for a nice mellow walk. Colors are still relatively muted with the exception of some of the swamp maples, but it was still pretty, and I was happy to get out in the woods with my two favorites 💗 (1.9 miles walked)








Raining on Sunday morning but there was really nothing to do but HTFU and head out and run. That does not mean, however, that I was happy about it 😜 My mind was pretty much fighting with me every step of the way, but I managed to push the thoughts aside enough to get it done. Ran the cart paths, then out to Head of Tides and back, then onto the powerlines and out towards the dump, with a loop on the school road to round things out. 10 turkey, two deer, one thrush and one very soggy Sparkplug! (22.0 miles)



The rain finally let up later in the afternoon, so we met up with my parents for a walk from their house into town for gelato. It's pumpkin pie gelato season, people! YUM! 😋🎃🍨 (2.0 miles walked)

No comments: