Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thanksgiving Week Fun

Didn't get up and out on Tuesday morning as I had hoped, but Ryan was nice enough to take Sam to swim so that I could run outside in the late afternoon and not have to run for week #3 on the track. Gotta get my morning act together! 🙈

Although I don't normally run outside late in the afternoon, it was a nice change and on such a nice, warm November day I really enjoyed it. And it truly was beautiful and perhaps a bit melancholy running through the woods as the light faded. Four deer seen and no ice to be found. (6.0 miles)

Late November Heath

Sunset over the powerlines

From chasing sunset on Tuesday to sunrise on Wednesday. Glorious morning and just had to run down the powerlines to catch as much of the glow as I could! 😍

Frosted

That glow 💗

From there, I headed back up into Highland Green. I had decided to try out the Interval Training option on the Coros, which offers a very simple way to do intervals. It worked well except that I somehow only input 5x 30/60 versus the 10 I had planned. Ah well, still good to get in a few short bursts of speed for the morning! (6.1 miles)

Then it was off to MA for a few days of Thanksgiving fun with the Triffitt family. Wednesday is always the traditional make and bake day followed up by pizza for dinner 😃

Apple pie making





The finished product 💗😋💗

Helping! 


Pumpkin pie making is serious business 😂


More helping!

Cousins 😎😍

Thursday morning, Ryan and I got up and out for a run together before the rest of the cooking and feasting began. It was colder and winder than we had anticipated, and raining too. Brrr! Still, lovely out through the salt marsh and always nice to get in a run with Ryan! (7.1 miles)


The rest of the day was spent cooking and eating and cleaning and eating 😉 and mostly being thankful for this crazy crew! 💗 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Friday dawned still cold and windy but brighter at least! After lunch, Ryan, Sam and I got over to Bradley Palmer for a nice, brisk walk. A bit chilly but always good to get out in the woods with my two loves 💕 (2.4 miles walked)

Thankful 


And of course, lots of time was spent being goofy with the cousins 😃






















Saturday morning was even colder than Saturday and the wind was rather incessant. I had planned to get up and out early but managed to turn off my alarm and go back to sleep. Oops 😮 Oh well, guess I needed the sleep! I'd love to say that starting 3 hours later meant it was warmer but that was just not the case. Brrrr! I really did not quite have the appropriate clothing! All those things combined meant not as many miles as I had planneded but still a nice, if windy and frozen, run over at Bradley Palmer to wrap up our time down in MA. (10.0 miles)

We headed back home after lunch, got some laundry going and things put away, and then went back out into in the frigid air for noodles. Yum!


This morning, Sam was coming over to meet up with Ryan for a run at 8:30, so I set two alarms 😉😆 and managed to get up and out at 5:40 am. It was colder than Saturday but calm, which made it much more pleasant! Plus with lots of layers and a pair of mittens over my gloves, I was plenty toasty. Ran the cart paths and watched the sky turn pink beyond the bare trees, then watched the sun come up as I headed out along the powerlines. A lovely morning to be out, and glad to have the chance to get the miles in! Finished up with a few frozen tears on my eye lashes and with about 10 minutes to spare... perfect! (15.0 miles)

Frosty sunrise




No comments: