Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Or Not...

It might have been only 40 degrees today and yes, indeed, there is another snowstorm headed our way tonight/tomorrow, but Sam and I celebrated the first full day of spring with a requisite cone at DQ anyway! Take that, winter ;)


Then I went home and cooked up a delicious sweet potato/bean/quinoa/kale bowl topped with feta cheese, pepitas and a yummy cilantro vinagrette, all based on this recipe: https://whatsgabycooking.com/southwestern-sweetpotato-quinoa-bowl/

Not sure it balanced out that cone but it sure was delish! Yum! 


In running news, got out for a dark early morning run this morning in the Cathance. Right now, honestly, conditions aren't great on the trails, but I had run hard on the roads yesterday so I wanted to stay off the pavement. The section along the river was pretty nicely packed but the rest of it, meh, not enough traffic and snow still so deep there was lots of sinking and slipping and sliding. Certainly not ideal and doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. I'm soooo craving dry trails right now but I'm guessing I'm going to have to wait for our visit to NC at the rate we're going here... (6.0 miles)

No comments: