Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Foggy, Soggy 12

Boy, this humidity, sheesh. This morning, the weather app said 100% humidity, and while it wasn't truly raining like it was on Tuesday, I'd still say100% was completely accurate. It didn't help that I was up at o-dark thirty so I could get in my miles before work, and when I left the house at 4:55 am there was a dense, low fog to run though. Or was it a cloud? Or mist? Who knows. Regardless, I was soaked fairly early on and remained that way for the entirety of the run. The one good thing was that due to the early hour, the fog and a bit of a breeze, there were no deer flies to bother me. I ran two loops of the cart paths and then a short out and back on the powerlines to get in 12 miles. I didn't feel bad, but i certainly wasn't super energetic - felt sort of tired (duh, it was early) and hungry by the end (again, duh, even with a few gels to chomp on, it really wasn't enough). In any event, glad to have had the chance to get some miles in, as this weekend is going to be taken up with the excitement and sleeplessness of crewing John at the VT 100! Really looking forward to it!

Seen: One fox bounding across the cart path; one deer, gazing silently at me through the mist as I ran past; one red newt; one snail with a really big shell; one turkey running across the cart path in that crazy way turkeys run; one catbird; two beautiful orange Wood Lilies.

No comments: