Thursday, June 6, 2013

Five O'Clock Run Again

...except this time in the evening ;-) I've never been much of a late afternoon or evening exerciser, but this morning I simply could not drag myself out of bed. Ryan didn't get home until around 11:00 last night from his work trip down to DC and then, although I was tired, my mind was spinning with all sorts of thoughts. Then of course, Sam was up in the night too. Needless to say, the alarm set for 5:15 am was turned off, and I got in another 1 1/2 hours of slightly restless, early morning sleep before getting up to start the day.

I was sort of mad at myself for missing my run, so I asked Ryan if he thought he could swing leaving work right around 5:00. Luckily, it worked out, so as soon as he got home, I headed out the door. The air was sweet with the smell of honeysuckle, the bunchberries were coming out in the woods, and I saw one lone iris at the edge of the Heath. The mosquitos were out too. Could do without those, though :-) My legs felt a bit clunky and I can't say I felt too energetic, but I was happy to have had the chance and the motivation to get out for a few evening miles!

No comments: