Saturday, April 14, 2012

More

I ran down to the river this morning, enjoying the warm temps and the bright, shining sun. I found some more trailing arbutus blooming at the edge of the woods near the Heath. Pretty. The river was running fairly low - no surprise, given the lack of rain of late - but gurgled cheerfully as I ran past. I got in a nice 5 miles to round out the week at 38 miles. The legs still felt a bit flat, which I find slightly puzzling given the fact that this past week I ran 12 less miles and 1 less day than the past two weeks, but hey. Who knows. I'm thinking a run with my Trail Monster friends tomorrow will put some pep back in my step though - nothing like a good run with friends :-)

Sam and Ryan made plans to head out for a hike down to the river after I left from work ("We go down to the river too, Mama! Like you!"), and I got these photos on my phone a little while ago. Looks like they are having fun! :-)

Happy hiker!
By the river

No comments: