Monday, January 31, 2011

Snowshoe Run in the Cathance

As we were snowshoeing on the Cathance trails with Sam yesterday, both Ryan and I remarked that the trails looked to be perfect for snowshoe running. Very well-packed, and packed widely too. I was originally thinking I would get out there later this week, but due to the forecast for more snow on Wednesday, I decided maybe I should get out there today. I didn't want to miss out on running on these trails in these conditions. They just looked too awesome! And once we get more snow, who knows how long it will take for the trails to get packed down so nicely again.

I had switched Sam's daycare days around already, knowing she and I would be home in the snow on Wednesday, so with most of the errands done (They're never completely done. How is that?!) and the sun shining, I headed over to the Cathance trailhead after lunch. And we were right, the trails were perfect! I had such fun running on them this afternoon. I was able to keep up a decent pace (for snowshoeing, at least!), it was a beautiful afternoon, and while it was still hard work, the packed trails really made things nice. I wandered through the trail system, getting in 4 miles before heading back home.

Along the river

Cool ice flow

Beautiful woods

No comments: