Sunday, December 5, 2010

Better

Luckily, we all woke up today feeling much better. Hurray!

Sam is still a bit tired out from the whole ordeal but was walking and babbling away today like crazy and was her energetic self until early evening when we had to put her to bed early. And Ryan is a super proud dad, as when we had the TV on earlier during the afternoon football game, she was parroting "football" back at him. More than once. So cute! I guess we've added a new word to her vocabulary :-) She also can now tell you what a kitty says, what a monkey does, and when we look at the elephant picture, she puts her arm up by her head like a trunk. Adorable! I think my mom taught her that one on Friday. I love it!! It really is fun to watch her learn and grow.

Ryan headed out early to get over to Bradbury and GPS two of his snowshoe courses for this winter's snowshoe series. Sam and I spent the morning playing. Ryan came home soon after I had put Sam down for a nap, so I took the opportunity and quickly changed into my running clothes. Since I was seemed to be feeling no ill effects from yesterday's "blahs", I thought I'd stick with my original plan for the day - 7 miles on the Cathance trail - and see what happened.

From the start, I felt good, and knew I'd get the whole loop in. The trails were a bit wet and squishy from this week's rains, while the river looked like milky coffee, running high and racing over the rocks. I scared up a few spruce grouse in the woods, and crossed paths with a number of other people out enjoying the woods on a hunter-free Sunday afternoon. As I twisted and turned along the single track, I was happy to not feel any knee pain. I did feel the little bumps and rises along the route a bit more than I would have liked, but then again, I haven't run much in the past four weeks, so I guess that is to be expected. In the end, the 7 miles took me 1:06:42, so my pace was similar to my runs on these trails during the summer months, which leaves me feeling like there is hope the running fitness will come back quickly!

No comments: