Saturday, May 22, 2010

End of the Week

Yesterday, I snuck in a 3-mile run before work. It was gorgeous out, and it is more of the same today. Sam was a good sleeper last night - out by 6:50pm, up at 11:30 to eat and then right out again until 5:00am. Of course, at 5:00 she decided she was up for the day, but oh well! I did put her back in her crib in the hopes that she would go back to sleep but we could hear her cooing and playing over the monitor, so finally at 5:45, I went in and got her up and we went downstairs to play. Having been up so early, she was beginning to get tired out around 7:30, so I fed her and she fell right asleep in my arms. Precious! Luckily, she stayed asleep during the transition into the crib, and I was able to get out for a run.

I hit the powerlines for Ryan's Homeplace run. It's a nice out-and-back with a few lollypops added on to make things interesting. The sun was shining, there was a light breeze and it was warm but not too warm. Perfect running weather! I saw four Towhees as I ran along, which confirms my suspicion that there are two pairs living/nesting along the powerlines, as well as a number of goldfinch and sparrows. Also saw a few ladyslippers in the wooded lollypops along the way. I was feeling good, and was happy to be out enjoying the nice day for a bit before heading off to work!

No comments: