Monday, October 13, 2008

Marathon Hopes

Having a cold is stinky... Yup, that about sums it up. Not much else except for a whole bunch of sitting on the couch and doing nothing today.

Cold aside, I feel ready for the marathon. I realize both Snowman and I have followed a bit of an eccentric training plan, what with all our hiking, but I feel good. Yes, the course is hilly and it is going to be hard. But, I know that, and that should help. I would like to run 3:55. That is what I ran in the 2006 Maine Marathon. I am sure I'm in better shape than in 2006. But I think this course will be more difficult. So, it seems like a wash. That being said, anything until 4 hours will make me happy. And of course, it might just be that I am happy to finish! I hope not, but you never know...

It appears Snowman and I have relatively similar goals, but I doubt we'll be running together, unless it just happens that way. Although we enjoy running together, and have done our past few long runs (mostly) together, we have different running styles, and I think we both want to be able to do our own thing for this one. But hopefully we'll both be in the same happy around 4 hours ballpark!

And with that, it's time to get back to doing nothing...

3 comments:

R. Ian Parlin said...

You're going to kick his arse!

sn0m8n said...

Not if I get my hands on some of those bacon flavored gels.

Sparkplug said...

I love it! Thanks for the vote of confidence :-)

P.S. I am not sure Snowman is too happy about your post! He wants to be the first one over the finish line.