Saturday, July 12, 2008

Evening Run

I got in a nice mellow 3 mile run on Friday to stretch the legs out after my Highland Road run on Thursday. The legs were a bit tired, but I think it was good to get the blood flowing.

My intentions were to follow up this 3 mile run with a 5-miler this morning. That didn't quite happen. I guess I was pretty tired, and instead of jumping out of bed when the alarm went off, I promptly went back to sleep. Have to say, it felt pretty good :-) Of course, then I raced around trying to get things done before heading up to work, so it wasn't a totally relaxing morning. I knew Snowman might be home late, as they had a big event going on at the Road, so I decided I would bring my running stuff and try to motivate to run on the way home from work.

I am notorious for my inability to get in a run in the evening. Much like Snowman and his aversion to morning runs. But I was determined to get in my 25 miles this week, and that meant doing 5 today. Things took a turn for the better when Snowman called around 4:15 saying he was on his way. He wanted to do a night run, but I convinced him we might be just as happy to meet up at 6:30 for a run before dinner. So, we rendezvoused at the field house, and headed out into the quiet fields for our run. The air was cool and the woods were quiet. Perfect night for a run! And a nice way to catch up after a few days apart.

And so finishes a pretty solid week of training, with two days of hiking and four days/25 miles of running. Now back to my ice cream :-)

No comments: